Transactions during 2017 follow:
- Borrowed $20,000 cash on July 1, 2017, signing a one-year, 10 percent note payable.
- Purchased equipment for $18,000 cash on July 1, 2017.
- Sold 30,000 additional shares on July 29, 2017, of capital stock for cash at $.50 market value per share at the beginning of the year.
- Earned $141,000 in revenue. Transactions dated August 15, 2017, including $60,000 on credit and the rest in cash.
- Incurred remaining expenses of $50,000, invoices dated September 15, 2017 including $9,000 on credit and the rest paid in cash.
- Purchased additional small tools on September 23, 2017, $4,000 cash.
- Collected accounts receivables on October 6, 2017, $11,000.
- Paid accounts payable on November 11, 2017, $24,000.
- Purchased $23,000 of supplies on account on November 30, 2017.
- Received a $2,000 deposit on December 2, 2017, for work to start January 15, 2018.
- Declared and paid cash dividends on December 17th, $14,000.
Data for adjusting entries:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
- Supplies of $7,000 and small tools of $8,000 were counted on December 31, 2017 (debit Remaining Expenses).
- Depreciation for 2017, $6,000.
- Interest accrued on notes payable (to be computed).
- Wages earned since the December 24 payroll but not yet paid, $5,000.
- Income tax expense was $5,000, payable in 2018
1. Prepare journal entries for transactions (a) through (k). (If no entry is required for a transaction/event, select “No journal entry required” in the first account field.)
2. Prepare the adjusting entries for transactions (l) through (p). (If no entry is required for a transaction/event, select “No journal entry required” in the first account field.)
3. Prepare an income statement (including earnings per share), statement of stockholders’ equity, and balance sheet. (For the Statement of Stockholders’ Equity and Balance Sheet only, items to be deducted must be indicated with a minus sign. Round “Earning per share” to 2 decimal places.)
Order your essay today and save 20% with the discount code: GREEN