The matter in question of the opioid crisis that rolls unrestrained throughout the United States, has a potential of being solved with the fulfillment of micromanaging the distribution of prescription opioids, broadening access to prescription drug monitoring programs, and making the overdose antidote; Naloxone more accessible.
- Micromanaging the distribution of prescription opioid can allow clinicians to investigate prescription histories.
- Possessing a track on prescription use can identify early indications of mistrustful utilization.
- Bringing awareness to the clinicians will have them more engaged in the patients use.
- Broadening access to prescription drug monitoring programs has a potential of providing users with skills to maintain the prescription use.
- Users of opioids may be using the prescription incorrectly, which leads to further harm.
- The users that are currently addicted may want help but don’t have access to how or where to find it.
- Making the overdose antidote; Naloxone more accessible, has a potential of lessening more overdose deaths.
- Having the antidote to become more accessible causes sudden opiate withdrawal effects.
- Users that no longer want to be an addict, have a easier transition into living a healthier life.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
The matter in question of the opioid crisis that rolls unrestrained throughout the United States
Just from $13/Page
Iodine. (2017, April 14). How naloxone saves lives – and why it’s so controversial. Retrieved May 23, 2019, from https://blog.iodine.com/how-naloxone-saves-lives-and-why-its-so-controversial-f22e22175038
Narcan Uses, Side Effects, Interactions & Warnings. (2018, December 11). Retrieved May 23, 2019, from https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/narcan-addiction/side-effects/
Times, T. N. (2017, November 01). The Facts on America’s Opioid Epidemic. Retrieved May 23, 2019, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlaz0kQlRE
Times, T. N. (2017, November 01). Retrieved May 23, 2019, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlaz0kQlRE
Order your essay today and save 30% with the discount code: NOVE