For Chapter 9: Survivors: Understanding the Experience of Loss, discuss two of the six questions below. In your submission, identify by number which questions you are answering.
- Name illnesses that survivors may experience and explain why bereaved persons are physiologically at higher risk.
- Determine the essential concepts of Kübler-Ross’s stage theory and compare them to Rando’s processes of mourning.
- Explain the phenomenon of anticipatory mourning and give an example of a situation in which it might occur.
- Evaluate the advice for the bereaved given in the chapter, adding at least one further suggestion for optimizing bereavement as an opportunity for growth.
- List and evaluate at least three coping mechanisms for survivors.
- Imagine you are a professional who will soon meet with a newly bereaved person. What information about the circumstances of the bereavement would be important for you to have before the meeting? What emotions or behaviors might cause you to feel uncomfortable in the situation? What kind of resolution would you like to see this person make and how soon?
Order your essay today and save 25% with the discount code: NOVE
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page