Research paper about Immigration in the United State
at least 10 sources (must be cited)
1.The Definition of Immigration
2. the current situation of American Immigration,Statistics (The number of American Immigration, which nationality immigrated to the United States…….)
1. History of immigration to the United States (Mexican, Chines, Indian, Japanes…….)
2. Effects of immigration to the United States (Economic, Social, impact of illegal immigrants in the United States……..)
3. The Reasons why other nationalities choose to immigrate to the United States
4. The Difficulties and Challenges of immigrants in the United States (such as discrimination, culture differences, language, education, housing…….)
5. people’s opinion of immigration (American, Chinese, your opinion…..)
2. How to think about the question of assimilation or adherence to native language, religion, and customs?
The paper must be related to the following books, using examples from 5 books (must be cited)
Gerber, David A. American Immigration: A Very Short Introduction.
Oxford U. Press, 2011. ISBN: 0195331788
Hoffman, Eva. Lost in Translation: A Life in a New Language.
Penguin, 1990. ISBN: 0140127739
Lahiri, Jhumpa. The Namesake. Mariner Books, 2004. ISBN: 0618485228
Alvarez, Julia. How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents.
Algonquin Books, 2010. ISBN: 156512975X
Guerrero, Diana and Michelle Burford, In the Country We Love: My Family Divided.
Henry Holt and Co. 2016. ISBN: 978-1627795272
1. Paper should be 10 pages in length when double-spaced
2. Include at least 10 sources
3. Please DO NOT cite any online reference encyclopedias such as Wikipedia, Britannica, or Encarta.
4.Your sources should consist of scholarly journal articles and books available through the Virtual Library ONLY.
5. All sources must be cited (must have an end note or a foot note) and the source included in a bibliography.
The format of the citations and bibliography must be of a nationally accepted formatting system such as MLA