You work as an information security specialist for a large financial company and your CISO has asked you to investigate the recent ransomware attacks. The CISO wants to ensure that the company is well protected against these types of attacks.
Write a 4-page paper in which you answer the following:
1. Identify the common targets of ransomware. Explain why these targets are so attractive to hackers.
2. Determine the best practices that should be implemented by the security department to help reduce the risks posed by ransomware.
3. Propose what users and system administrators should do when a potential infection has been suspected.
4. Compare and contrast viruses, worms, and Trojans, and indicate which of these you consider to be the greatest danger to computer users and / or the greatest challenge for security personnel to protect against.
5. Use the Internet to identify three commercially available antivirus software products for corporate use; compare the features of each and describe which one you would recommend, and why.
6. Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.