In Week One, you chose a generic organization (manufacturing plant, hospital, etc.). Assume that you are a hired consultant for this organization. You have been asked by the president of the organization to prepare a background paper on the results of your research and to make recommendations to improve group productivity in the organization.
Company – RaceTrac Petroleum
Your research has identified the following problems:
· Role conflicts within groups – 1 junior manager does not want to take direction from general manager, another junior manager wants to be the general manager (you can also research common conflicts within groups)
· Communication problems among group members – junior managers not reporting issues to general manager, i.e. inventory issues, overtime hours, staff issues etc…
· Lack of cohesiveness in groups with diverse members – food team and store team at odds because one team feels that they do more work than the other.
· Excessive intergroup conflict – conflict between junior managers
In an eight page paper, include the following:
· Introduction – clear explanation of the type of organization
· Explanation of how each problem could impact a group’s productivity (use examples to illustrate points)
· Recommendations to resolve each problem
· Suggestions, based on your knowledge of group dynamics, for a company-wide training program on best practices for group productivity
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
Myatt, M. (2013, June 17). 5 transitions great leaders make that average leaders don’t. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemyatt/2013/06/17/5-transitions-great-leaders-make-that-average-leaders-dont/