Find a news article that reports a problem or issue that interests you (use the library databases ProQuest or EBSCOHost Academic Search Premiere, and Google’s okay, too). Make sure the issue relates to business in some way (you can be creative in connecting it to business).
SCENARIO: As the CEO of a company, you find this article and realize this problem might affect your company, organization, or institution. So you write a memo about this article and problem to inform your employees and prevent concerns.
FIRST PARAGRAPH: Introduce the problem and state the author’s full name (the first time you mention it), the title of the article, and who published the article. You will follow this information with what the reader can expect from this memo, which will have three sections (each section gets a heading that tells the reader what that section will discuss):
· Recommendations for the Future
The Analysis asks WHY and HOW. Use Why and How questions to generate your analysis.
· Why is the article/author addressing this problem in this publication?
· How does the author address the problem?
· How does the author try to influence/persuade the reader/audience?
· Why does this author try to influence/persuade the audience this way?
· How will this problem affect your company, organization, or institution?
· How does this article connect to other problems in the news or related to business?
Please come up with your own Why and How questions to expand your analysis.
The Recommendations for the Future offers solutions to the problem or suggestions on how your company/organization will approach this problem. It also considers how this problem might take time to address, so how will you proceed into the future? Please provide specific ideas, examples, and strategies to pursue success. Repetition from your summary and/or analysis is okay.
Please use MLA or APA in-text citation practices when referring to your selected article.