Less than two years after opening 133 stores in Canada, Target abandoned its expansion plan into Canada and abruptly closed all the Canadian stores. In your role as Walmart’s executive vice president of logistics, you must assess new opportunities and challenges for Walmart’s supply chain as a result of the demise of Target in Canada. In one Canadian community, for example, the loss of Target is projected to 20 percent increase in demand at the local Walmart store.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Less than two years after opening 133 stores in Canada, Target abandoned its expansion plan into Canada and abruptly closed all the Canadian stores.
Just from $13/Page
PowerPoint presentation to the board titled “Analysis of Target Exit From Canada on Supply Chain Capabilities.”
- subheading for each major issue to help organize your report logically.
- Use bullets and phrases to convey information in an easy-to-read format.
- Consider incorporating graphics, graphs, or charts into your presentation.
- Write speaker’s notes for each slide. This is the commentary for each slide that you would provide during a live presentation.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Evaluate how a retailer’s global supply chain strategy can be a source of competitive advantage.Where do you see the opportunities for Walmart in its global supply chain?
- What are the potential challenges?
- How does the supply chain align with the marketing strategy?
- Assess the impact of cultural differences on the global supply chain management and design.How is the supply chain design for Canadian stores impacted by cultural differences?
- Apply ethical and legal principles to the design of global supply chain strategies.How could changes in the supply chain affect supplier relationships?
- How could changes in the supply chain affect the origins of products?
- Recommend specific resource priorities to support the corporate supply chain strategy.How would you prioritize the analyses for the management and coordination of processes?
Order your essay today and save 20% with the discount code: GREEN