This paper is DUE in four hours
analyzing the Medicaid case study, this time from the perspectives of the change process and types of interventions that the City, in partnership with the consulting firm, used to transform the NYC offices, as well as the resistance to change and the leadership strategies required to overcome it.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Kottes Model Medicaid Case
Just from $13/Page
Isett, K. R., Glied, S. A., Sparer, M. S., & Brown, L. D. (2013). When Change Becomes Transformation. Public Management Review, 15(1), 1-17. doi:10.1080/14719037.2012.686230
Note: You will need to do additional research on the Medicaid offices in NYC to be able to complete this assignment.
Drawing on the material in the required and background reading, prepare a 6-7 page paper (not including cover and reference pages) in which you:
- Analyze the Medicaid Case Study using Kotter’s model for change. Specifically, what did or didn’t the City, in partnership with the consulting firm, do that followed or went against the model.
- What types of interventions were used to “induce” change
- What types of resistance to change were present? What did or didn’t the City and/or the consulting firm do that enabled them to overcome any resistance to change. .
- Define the leadership strategies present to lead the change and overcome resistance.
- What limitations does Kotter’s model have, and how did they manifest in this particular situation? What should be done to ensure that when using it they do not impact your analysis / change project?
Keys to the Assignment
The key aspects of this assignment that should be covered in your paper include:
- Apply the Kotter Model of Change to analyze the case study.
- Thoroughly examine the eight key areas of the model.
- Summarize and analyze the nature of the interventions used to transform the Medicaid offices. Which are techno-structural? Human processual? Multi-faceted? Large group?
- Identify individual sources of resistance to change and their causes
- Identify structural sources of resistance to change and their causes
- Evaluate the City / consulting firm’s leadership and the impact it had on overcoming the individual and structural barriers to change at Medicaid.
- What else would you recommend be done to help avoid and/or overcome resistance to change at the Medicaid offices going forward?
- What are the limitations of Kotter’s model? How would you recommend it be changed?
Order your essay today and save 20% with the discount code: GREEN