- Journals must be a minimum of 350 words. There is no word minimum on peer replies, but you must show that you have engaged with your peers’ responses and not simply said “I agree” or “Great post!” A substantial reply could be anywhere between 50 and 150 words. You are not required, but you are encouraged to continue replying to one another throughout the week. Let’s have some great conversations!
- Ad Hominem attacks will not be tolerated. If you disagree with someone, attack the argument, not the person.
- For every journal, include a brief summary of the text and/or texts that we read for the week (brief- a sentence or two. I want more of your post to be reflection than summary).
- The prompt is a guideline, and will usually be open-ended (i.e. not a question with a right or wrong answer. If you have something else you want to write about, or some argument you want to propose that does not address the prompt, do it! I want you to explore your own thoughts and feelings and ideas along with the texts and the subject matter in order to improve your critical reading, writing, and thinking skills.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
1. Summarize A Guerilla Gardener in South Central LA (Links to an external site.), “The Food Gap is Widening,” and “What You Eat is Your Business.”
2. In the Ted Talk, Ron Finley claims that gardening is not only “therapeutic,” but “defiant.” Why does he say this? Would you agree with him? Why or why not? What other food acts might be considered rebellious?
3. How is growing food like art? I want you to really stretch yourselves on this one…really think!
4. Is access to healthy food a public health issue as one article states, or a private issue, as the opposing opinion article states?Explain your position, using the articles.
Order your essay today and save 25% with the discount code: NOVE