Due Week 6 and worth 160 points HSA 520
Imagine you are the CEO of a healthcare organization. You would like to implement a patient-centric health information technology approach within the organization. This approach needs to take into consideration health care costs and safety. You need your executive team on board to ensure successful implementation of this patient centric healthcare technology information system. You plan to present a detailed report to your management team about the patient-centric approach, its benefits and challenges, and why your organization needs to embrace it.
Write a five to six (5-6) page researched report in which you address the following:
1. Taking into consideration patient safety and health care costs, explain why a patient-centric approach is important in today’s health care system along with the challenges involved in implementation. Provide specific examples to justify your reasoning.
2. Analyze the benefits derived by healthcare organizations that practice a patient-centric approach, stating their unique characteristics. Provide at least two (2) examples to support your ideas.
3. Identify two (2) examples of a patient centric healthcare practice and propose three (3) ways patient-centric technology could increase patient access to quality healthcare.
4. Suggest three (3) ways that HIMS can improve the patient experience within a healthcare organization or with a healthcare provider.
5. Predict three (3) ways you would use patient centric healthcare practice principles to improve quality care measures within your organization.
6. Use at least four current (2015-2019), quality resources in this assignment. The Strayer University Library is a great resource to locate current, quality resources. Note:Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Use proper grammar, spelling, and sentence syntax. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the assignment title, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Propose a Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) and a patient information protection plan for a health care organization.
· Propose how patient centric healthcare practices and technology and a HIMS can improve healthcare.
· Review concepts and theories related to healthcare information technology and systems, including ethical and legal standards, strategic information system planning, and methods for ensuring the security of patient information.