Access the Fiscal Year 2011 Illinois State Budget.
Thoroughly review the budget components; specifically the budget summary section.
Complete an analysis of the budget by answering the following questions:
1. Does the state have money in reserve?
2. Does the state have a surplus or a deficit?
3. Are revenues growing? If so, by how much?
4. How fast are expenditures growing and in what areas?
5. How do budgeted amounts compare to actual spending and revenues?
Your analysis should be at least 250 to 500 words in length and should also include an analysis of the state’s revenues, expenditures, and priorities by applying your understanding of the course learning objectives.
Instructors will be using a rubric to grade this assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.