For this assignment, review the basic concepts of persuasion discussed in Cialdini (2001) and McLean (2012). Make sure you are clear on the distinction between argument, persuasion, and propaganda.
Once you have finished reviewing the background materials, think about communication that you receive in your daily life that is intended to sway your attitudes, opinion, or behavior. This could be communication from your employer, YouTube videos, TV advertisements, spam email, and a host of other communication that you are exposed to in your daily life. After reviewing some communication examples, write a 3-page paper with a minimum of two scholarly sources (citing and referencing) addressing the following questions:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
For this assignment, review the basic concepts of persuasion discussed in Cialdini (2001) and McLean (2012).
Just from $13/Page
- Describe a communication example that you have seen that is best described as propaganda. In addition to describing the communication, explain why you think this was propaganda rather than argumentation or persuasion.
- Now find a communication example that you think is a good example of argumentation.
- Last, but definitely not least, find a communication example that is best defined as persuasion and best fits the concepts of persuasion discussed in Cialdini (2001) or McLean (2012). Explain why you think this communication best fits the definition of persuasion rather than propaganda or argumentation.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- SLP assignments are to be prepared in Microsoft Word and should be 2 to 3 pages in length in addition to a cover page (course name and number, module number, session name, student name, and date prepared) and reference list (double-spaced, 12 pt. type, Times New Roman font) with a 2- to 3-sentence introduction, a body, and a 2- to 3-sentence conclusion. Use Trident University International’s cover page and the present the reference list page in APA format.
- Assignment content should include a brief introduction to the assignment, background information about the organization being studied, and discussion in terms of the concepts or theories being applied in the assignment.
- Use headings and subheadings to improve presentation values.
- Include both a References page and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Attention is to be given to citing sources of information in-text as well as in the References page to list sources at the end of the paper. Citation and reference style instructions are available athttps://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/10/ or at APAstyle.org.
- Submit your report in the SLP dropbox for this module on or before the date due, as indicated in the TLC Homepage.
- Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format. The paper should be written in the third person; this means words like “I,” “we,” and “you” are not appropriate. For more information, see Differences Between First and Third Person.
Submit the presentation through the appropriate Dropbox by the due date. Your submission will be graded with the assignment’s grading rubric.
Order your essay today and save 20% with the discount code: GREEN