Individuals in the workforce are from different generations and have varying lifestyles that can range from smokers to nonsmokers to individuals with differing sexual orientations. With organizations becoming more diverse, it is crucial for HR professionals to treat all employees equally and to promote a safe environment for all employees. By treating employees equally, a culture of egalitarianism is created and employees feel more comfortable and are able to focus on their work tasks as oppose to being judged, singled-out, or stereotyped. Furthermore, HR professionals should consider the many benefits (added value) of hiring individuals with differing lifestyles because external customers also have differing lifestyles and thus feel more comfortable when interacting with a diverse workforce. Through trainings, HR professionals can spread awareness regarding the importance of diversity. Thus, human resource professionals are responsible for staffing, recruiting, and training individuals with differing lifestyles. One aspect of a thriving employment brand is the recruitment of individuals with differing lifestyles.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
EMBRACING DIVERSITY MANAGEMENT AND STRATEGIES FOR RETAINING TOP TALENT
Just from $13/Page
Then, drawing on the material in the background readings and doing additional research, please prepare a 4-5 page paper (not including the cover and reference pages) in which you:
- Analyze the importance of having individuals with varying lifestyles in the workforce from a human resource professional perspective and discuss strategies for selecting and recruiting a diverse group of individuals with differing lifestyles in the workforce.
- Identify different strategies for retaining individuals with differing lifestyles in the workforce.
- What trainings could you provide?
- Discuss the idea of needing to “treat all employees equally.” What exactly is it that HRM/management needs to do? How do human resource professionals “treat employees equally” when their situations are so different? (e.g., consider the Golden Rule).
Your paper will be evaluated on the following points:
- Precision – Does the paper address the question(s) or task(s)?
- Clarity – Is the writing clear and the concepts articulated properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of response to the questions, or are excessive use of quotations how thoughts are conveyed? Are headings included in all papers greater than 2 pages?
- Breadth – Is the full breadth of the subject addressed?
- Depth – Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth?
- Grammar, spelling and vocabulary – Is the paper written well – is the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary suitable to graduate level work?
- Referencing (citations and references) – Does the paper use citations and quotation marks when appropriate?
- Critical thinking – Is the subject thought about critically, i.e., accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely?
Order your essay today and save 20% with the discount code: GREEN