Complete a case essay on any United States Supreme Court case that involves an interpretation of the Constitution – this encompasses most of the cases that come before the Supreme Court. However, please choose a case that was heard by the Supreme Court from 2009 to the present. Again, please do not choose a case that is older than 2009. This will help ensure that you are writing your essay on current, relevant case law.
– Your essay should be around 2 pages and contain the following information:
– Who is involved in the case?
– How has the case moved through the legal system (who filed it, in what court? What appellate court heard it? How did it get to the Supreme Court?)?
– What was the issue in the case?
– What did the Court decide? (note that the US Supreme Court is called “Court”, not “court” and not “SCOTUS”)
– What was the Court’s analysis (WHY did they decide as they did)?
– Did any Justices dissent, and if so, what did they have to say?
– What is the impact of this case?
The court case to use is: Gamble v United States
PLEASE DO NOT:
Please remember that if you cut and paste something from the internet into your assignment, that is plagiarism and you will receive a 0 for the assignment and be reported to the school. Please note that any site ending with “pedia”is not a reliable site and will not be accepted as a resource. The rubric for this assignment is attached.
Please make sure you are not copying and pasting from your source. Most of the material should be paraphrased in your own words; verbatim quotations should make up no more than 10% of the essay.Since the purpose to is highlight and summarize key information, merely copying and pasting from the case does not accomplish this goal. Please use your own words andusequotations sparingly.