You will prepare and submit a term paper on Community research. Your paper should be a minimum of 250 words in length. Study Research Study Research Advantages I see in using qualitative methods in nursing study. One advantage of qualitative methods in nursing research is dynamism. Qualitative methods are always active and conditional since new findings can disprove them (Connelly, 2009). Another advantage is allowing nursing researchers to refer their studies to domains. Relationships between these domains and existing nursing literature are prominent since any binding hypothesis built will direct the field of nursing. Third, qualitative methods reflect on information from a variety of sources, which is advantageous to nursing because it entails much more than mere application (Connelly, 2009). Fourth, qualitative methods apply biased knowledge. This is good for nursing because this discipline is not confined to inflexible, definable variables.
2. Disdvantages I see in using qualitative methods in nursing study. A disadvantage of qualitative methods is poor consistency. Another disadvantage is difficulty comprehending its dynamics and aspects. As a result, the chances of subjectivity in qualitative nursing studies increase radically.
3. Advantages I see in using quantitative methods in nursing study. One advantage of quantitative methods in nursing research is function. The role of quantitative findings is to apply a precise strategy for gathering and reviewing any measured information (Frels & Onwuegbuzie, 2013). Second, quantitative methods increase precision in study findings. This is because quantitative methods are based on numbers.
4. Disadvantages I see in using quantitative methods in nursing study. One disadvantage of quantitative methods in nursing studies is time consumption. Quantitative methods involve arbitrary selection of samples, which takes up a lot of time. Second, nursing researchers may find quantitative methods hard to carry out particularly when similar kinds of information are gathered concurrently (Frels & Onwuegbuzie, 2013).
5. Examine a problem you have seen in nursing. A problem I have seen in nursing is dealing with ethical dilemmas, particularly in nursing homes (Aitamaa, Leino-Kilpi, Puukka, & Suhonen, 2010).
6. Why should it be studied? Justify your rationale. This problem ought to be studied because codes of ethics play crucial roles in decision-making processes by nurses and their managers.
Aitamaa, E., Leino-Kilpi, H., Puukka, P., & Suhonen, R. (2010). Ethical problems in nursing management: The role of codes of ethics. .Nursing Ethics, .17(4), 469-82. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0969733010364896
Connelly, L. M. (2009). Mixed methods studies. .Medsurg Nursing, .18(1), 31-2. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/230520753?accountid=130301
Frels, R. K., & Onwuegbuzie, A. J. (2013). Administering quantitative instruments with qualitative interviews: A mixed research