Choose one of the professional scenarios provided. Write a Professional Email Message (in the form of Figure 5.1 on page 76 of BCOM7) from the perspective of a character in the scenario. The email should address the communication issue provided in the scenario and should be addressed to another character from the scenario.
The message should take the form of an email; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Choose one of the professional scenarios provided
Just from $13/Page
The professional email message must adhere to the following requirements:
- Address the communication issue from the scenario.
- Request a face-to-face meeting to discuss the issue (at a specific time).
- Concentrate on the facts of the situation and avoid using overly emotional language.
- Assume your recipient is learning about the situation for the first time through your communication.
- Use a descriptive subject line or heading.
- Include an appropriate and professional greeting / salutation.
- Use email form including: To:, From:, Subject:, and Signature.
- Clarity / Mechanics:
- Focus on clarity, writing mechanics, and professional language/style requirements.
- Run spell/grammar check before submitting.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Submitting your assignment:
- Submit your assignment through the online course shell only.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such as routine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive/sales messages.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.
- Workplace_Scenarios.docx (84.084 KB)
This file contains the workplace scenarios for Assignment 1.
When drafting the message, please remind yourself of the requirements for paragraph development (your purpose/position in the beginning, supporting details, and/or brief concluding remarks if necessary by the end of the paragraph; also, the ethical appeals, logical appeals in English writing, but not emotional appeals for the current assignment).
Order your essay today and save 25% with the discount code: NOVE