Refer to the Scenario for Assignments 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 BELOW IN ATTACHMENT
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper, titled Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected, Part 1
1. Provide background information about the agency’s key historical events, mission, and goals / objectives. (Title this section Introduction)
2. Describe at least three (3) functions of this agency, highlighting the public it serves. (Title this section Agency Functions)
3. Analyze at least two (2) current events involving the agency that might have implications to personnel management. (Use the e-Activities from Week 1 and Week 2.) (Title this section Agency News)
4. Explain the rationale for selecting this agency with at least two (2) justifiable reasons. (Title this section Rationale for Selecting Agency)
5. Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites. (Include no more than one non-government Website)
Some government websites you may want to consider are:
· U.S. Government Website
· Office of Personnel Management Website
· FedWorld Website
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. When referencing Websites, make sure you follow APA formatting within the text and on the Reference Page.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze key historical and legislative events in the development of personnel management in the public sector.
· Analyze pertinent issues, such as motivation and productivity, collective bargaining, labor relations, equal employment opportunity (EEO), affirmative action (AA), intergovernmental relations, and / or professionalism, facing public personnel managers.
· Assess external organizational and employee conditions as well as their implications to and impact on personnel management.
· Develop a proposal for strategic public personnel management for a specific setting.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in public personnel management.
· Write clearly and concisely about public personnel management using proper writing mechanics.