As you begin your academic work in management, career considerations must be a part of your development process. Now is the time to explore career options and supporting subjects such as internships, volunteer opportunities, and professional certifications. The more you learn now about career-related opportunities, the better your choices will be in the future.
In this assignment, review the information and resources available at the Student Career Center (Links to an external site.). Using these resources, complete a personal and career evaluation, begin to assemble (or update) your Career Portfolio, and explore internships and volunteer opportunities. While you will not turn in your Career Portfolio as part of this assignment, you should begin to build your portfolio to help you complete this and other career-development assignments in future courses. You will have career-development assignments throughout your degree program as a required activity. It is important to understand the connections between your learning, your career, and your ability to pay back any financial obligations connected to the costs in obtaining your degree. CSU-Global works hard to keep tuition and course materials costs as low as possible and provide you with relevant content to support your career choice.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
As you begin your academic work in management, career considerations must be a part of your development process.
Just from $13/Page
- Go to the CSU-Global Career Center (Links to an external site.)and get familiar with the kind of information and resources available there.
- In the Career Center, explore the Careers and Majors (Links to an external site.) Download and complete any worksheets that will help you complete your assignment.
- In the Career Center, read the information on the Internships/Experience (Links to an external site.)
- Conduct an online search in areas related to your career goals:
- Search for volunteer opportunities in your community.
- Identify (and bookmark) professional societies and certifications that interest you.
- Identify a career path, building on your current position and future goals.
- Visit O*Net (Links to an external site.), from the Department of Labor, to identify trends, as well as the skills, experience, and education requirements for your career path.
Develop a well-written 3- to 4-page paper that includes the following:
- One internship position: Include a link to the internship description and provide a summary of how this position relates to your career goals.
- One volunteer opportunity: Include a link to the description for the volunteer opportunity and provide a summary of how this opportunity relates to your career goals.
- One professional certification: Include a link to the description of this certification and summarize the qualifications required to obtain certification, as well as the value the certification provides.
- Identify a Career Path building on your current position and future goals. Include your alignment between your Myers-Briggs personality type and your future career goals and two actions you can take to leverage your personality type with the desired career goal.
- Provide a summary of your Personal and Career Evaluation. Include why you are interested in a career in organizational leadership, and describe your experience completing the evaluation.
Your submission should be 3-4 pages (excluding cover page and references) and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.). Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment. Utilize headings to organize the content in your work.
Order your essay today and save 20% with the discount code: GREEN