Select a current, professional journal article You must write a critical assessment of this article for this assignment. In preparation, follow the guidelines established below:
· Find an article (that is less than five years old) that pertains to the important issues leaders or consultants will face when working with various types of teams, and discuss what methods are best to use for developing better teams for the future.
· Be sure to annotate the author’s main points and thesis statement in your own words.
· The critique should be approximately three pages in length (not counting the title and reference pages).
· Part I: Introduction Start the critique with the following information: the author’s name, the article title, and the author’s thesis statement.
· Part II: Summary Summarize the author’s purpose and main points, providing examples for clarity of understanding the author’s intended implications. Share key topics that support the author’s focus for this article. Provide ample details to enlighten the reader as to what the article is implying for audiences who are seeking research data in regards to team building and/or the different types of teams (e.g., virtual, temporary, traditional, or innovative).
· Part III: Review and Evaluate To critically review the article, ask the following questions: What are the credentials/areas of expertise of the author? Did the author use appropriate methods to gather the evidence? Did the author use accurate evidence? Does the author’s use and interpretation of this evidence lead the reader to the same conclusion? Did the author build a logical argument? Is there other evidence that would support a counterargument? Was the author successful in making his/her point?
· Part IV: Conclusion State whether you agree with the author or not. Back up your decisions by stating your reasons. Give a general opinion of the work. Explain what you learned from reading the article and if you would recommend it to a friend/coworker.
· Part V: Application Predict some of the major challenges that teams will face in the future, and explain why the need for teamwork will remain high as it relates to the article. Identify a team-building activity that may be useful for managing teams in the future, and explain why.
Format your paper using APA style. Use your own words and expressions to write the critique. Include citations and references as needed to avoid plagiarism. The paper should consist of three pages of body paragraphs, one title page, and one reference page (as the final page).