Students are required to create a recorded video presentation (5 minutes) that addresses the following points
1. Evaluate the strategy of a company (listed on the ASX500 in the last 5 years) of your choice. Students should use the company’s stated strategic objectives and performance results to evaluate the success or failure of the company’s strategy. Using strategic management theories, students should be able to evaluate the existing strategy of the company and discuss why the strategy is or is not working?
2. Provide recommendations for the company’s future strategy over the next five-years.
Students are required to conduct a research project that utilizes the tools and concepts of the class (using topics covered in week 1-4). The presentation must include (but is not limited to) the following criteria:
1. Company Background and Key Issues
1.1 Provide a brief introduction of the company background
1.2 Provide a brief explanation of why company is chosen and the key issues of the company
3. Identification factors affecting the firm’s strategy
2.1 Identifying macroeconomic factors
2.2 Industry Analysis
2.3 Stakeholder Analysis
3. Identification of the firm’s key resources
3.1 Assess the firm’s strengths and weaknesses
3.2 Assess the firm’s sources of competitive advantage and evaluate the sustainability of those advantages
3.3 Investigate the firm’s performance based on its financial statements and compare that performance with its competitors
Based on the key issues of the firm, propose 3 to 5 concrete analytical conclusions and sound strategic recommendations and specify the financing that will be required to support those decisions
I WILL DO THE RECORDING MYSELF YOU JUST NEED TO WRITE THE SPEECH AND MAKE THE SLIDES. I HAVE ATTACHED THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS.
IN THE RUBRIC I WANT EVERYTHING UNDER THE EXCELLENT CATEGORY FOR BEST MARKS
THE FILE IS CALLED RUBRIC FOR MARK GOALS ( RUBRIC 1 & RUBRIC 2 ONE FOR COMMUNICATION AND THE OTHER FOR PRESENTATION)
1. Oral presentation – this is a video recording (5 mins) of the strategic evaluation you have conducted on the organisation of your choice, strategic recommendations you are making to the organisation. Please introduce yourself, and please include your full name and student number in the file name of your short film
2. Poster – this comprises four static powerpoint slides that you would use to support your oral presentation. Your powerpoint slides should be a summary of what you are highlighting in your recorded video. ( GRAPHS NEEDED in 1 OF THE 4 SLIDES)
ONLY 5 SLIDES 1-4 IS TO GO TOGETHER WITH THE SPEECH!